• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

whats to do in the LA area?

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
I found this go-kart joint that might be fun, K1 Speed in Ontario. Anyone been there?

I'm getting to the point were I'm bored out of my mind. What do you guys do for fun out here? Like I said in another thread I'm moving out to Manhattan Beach on Monday afternoon so maybe theres more out there. I don't know...

Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

There is Supercar Sundays in Woodland Hills, and you missed Cars and Coffee in Irvine at the Ford/Mazda building which happens each Saturday morning at 6am. There's a big Tamiya race in Aliso Viejo all weekend long as well. The karting places are in abudance, K1 has several places, Dromo-One was the first in the area (Anaheim IIRC).

Manhattan is really nice, go for a walk on the beach and enjoy the scenery (lot's of eye candy).

Last edited:
There is Supercar Sundays in Woodland Hills, and you missed Cars and Coffee in Irvine at the Ford/Mazda building which happens each Saturday morning at 6am. There's a big Tamiya race in Aliso Viejo all weekend long as well. The karting places are in abudance, K1 has several places, Dromo-One was the first in the area (Anaheim IIRC).

Manhattan is really nice, go for a walk on the beach and enjoy the scenery (lot's of eye candy).

Irvine eh... Well I'll be here next Sat. too. Looks like I'll have to hit that up. I'll have to leave Manhattan early for that... 6am ouch.

I'm planning on heading over to K1 at 2pm. Should be fun anyway. Do you guys ever have Contour meets? I'd like a chance to see some of your rides while I'm out here.

I didn't realize you were in Colton last week, I'm in Upland which isn't too far away, although Recoverone is closer to Colton that I am.

As for the meetings, it used to happen more frequently when the cars were newer and in production, but since then, it's slowly dwinddled. It's harder for me to meet up with the rest of the guys as I have to work every other weekend, but I think the newer guys are trying hard to get meetings together. I've actually gone to the SHOcal meetings in the past as they're more active than we are.

(lot's of eye candy).

Quoted for emphasis.

We have been a bit dry on meets lately, hopefully that will turn back around soon. I'm always up for a run through Decker Canyon...

PS. Eat lots of Chipotlé. Lots. Food of the gods!

The Flu had me down last weekend, but I'm all better now. If ur heading to the Irvine C&C Saturday, I'll make the effort to go and at least meet you myself (So I'll know who to send the hit on if my plaque is not ready soon):laugh: :laugh: . If you get a chance while in LA go by the Peterson Auto Museum.

The Flu had me down last weekend, but I'm all better now. If ur heading to the Irvine C&C Saturday, I'll make the effort to go and at least meet you myself (So I'll know who to send the hit on if my plaque is not ready soon):laugh: :laugh: . If you get a chance while in LA go by the Peterson Auto Museum.

Sounds like a plan. I might have a chance to check out that Museum on Thurs. as the paving crew I'm working with is taking that day off.

Oh and I got an email back from that company on the frames. I asked for an update to ensure that they received the MS excel file with the order information and payment OK and they replied saying they did and that they will be shipping them out ASAP. I should probably post this in the GB forum too.

Back