• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Product

dob01

CEG'er
Just wondering what products you guys use over there for caring for your motors bodywork and interior.
The two main brands over here in the UK at the moment are autoglym and meguiars

haha...ha...haha...hahahahaha

Have you ever used "A Can Of Worms"?
I figured since you opened it, you might as well use it...

Lot of mixed feelings here.....
Here's mone and the only one that counts....

I have to admit I'm a cheapass..therefore a Zaino Virgin.
I have seen it in action though and must say I was very impressed.

I usually just pick up the Klasse Products from Autopia. (I've used the coupon code "SAVEBIG"). I quit using P21S when I found out they make the exact same product for Harley Davidson. They changed the name to S100 sell it at every Harley shop I've ever been to, and it's only half the price.

It is a Carnuba based wax, therefore it may not last as long as some of the synthetic waxes like NXT, but in my opinion it gives one hell of a shine, and it doesn't seem to collect as much dust as some of the other stuff I've tried.

Here's some ****ty Camera Phone Pics using Meguires #7, Klasse Sealant, and the P21S (S100) Carnuba wax.

Here's Pics Of Kev's Evo after the Klasse twins and some P21S

Pics of my old 3L 5 Speed Contour after the Days after a clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse Sealant and P21S...

Last edited:
I've used Meguiars exclusively for many years now with excellent results:

car_1028044_reduced.jpg

DSCN0245-CEG2007-small.jpg

100_0132-reduced.jpg

Meguiars has choices for every step of the detailing process (interior and exterior), so you won't have to jump from brand to brand for different needs.

I must say your rides look excellent. I was a super huge Gold Class fan back in the day. Then moved on to NXT when it came out.

I know Tom's car was immaculate at Spring Zing, and when I asked him what he used he said, A mix of Gold Class and NXT and I was stoked.

I've been known to use some #7 and #21 when the Klasse is out, But I like the clarity (less cloudiness) that my mix of products gives me.

There are alot of products out there that will give you tat "Wet Look". Therefore durability is definitely an issue, How long will that look last, and how much dust will it collect are both key factors for me. Take a look at the link I posted of Kevins EVO above and see what "Clarity" really means.

We all get flamed on different boards for using what we use, I know my P21S isn't number one on everyones books, but it what I feel personally gives me the clarity and shine that I look for in detailing products.

I will admit after seeing it at Spring Zing that Zaino kinda let me down looks wise, but as far as durability and that glass like feel I might actually have to splurge one day and try it on the GP....

Last edited:
I will admit after seeing it at Spring Zing that Zaino kinda let me down looks wise, but as far as durability and that glass like feel I might actually have to splurge one day and try it on the GP....

must have been that car then, all I can say is my car looks :drool: with zaino ... Z5 even gave a great shine to my mystique too ...

how about this, check out www.advancedautopolishing.com ... the guy is a family friend and advised me when I got my car painted ... I got him to try zaino based on I was going to use it and I sent him the calander pictures that Goonz and Cobra posted ..... he has called me not once but twice and raved about zaino, his words where he took a perfect panel and with zaino its now optically perfect and he is a car nut and very picky too ...

So far I have been very impressed with how easy it is to work with, you don't need alot at all, less then 2 oz will do the whole car, and it smells nice to boot ... before zaino I have used meguiers products also.

I went with zaino based on cars I have seen where zaino was used and the information that GTOPete posted in the stickies about top products.

Ok, bad photo time ... garage that the car is in is orange ... one base coat of Z5 and two coats of Z2 with some Z6 detailer in there ...

DSC03260.JPG

DSC03268.JPG

DSC03280.JPG

Last edited:
I've tried hundreds of products over the years and my conditions are outdoor kept, mixed weather conditions, daily drivers, optical clarity, and longevity being top goal. That means synthetic (hands down better than carnauba). Works for me. Properly applied carnauba vs properly applied synthetic on the same panel will look different. Having said that, I prefer sharp, crisp ("cleaner") look over deep, glossy look which some call "cloudy".

My customers ask me to detail their cars 1-2 times per year, so longevity is the goal. Carnauba will last a few weeks tops around here, so I use synthetic.

It depends on what you are looking for, where you live, storage, daily driver vs garage queen, color, how often you wax, etc. Everyone is different - differences = different combos/waxes. A daily driven, outdoor kept car that gets waxed 1x per year in Arizona will not (should not) use the same waxes as a rearely driven garage queen in North Carolina.

It's whatever works for you. Trial and error is the only way to go, but is obviously expensive. A generic "use this" or "use that" is poor advice. If you post where you live, color of car, garage queen/dd, car storage, how often washed/waxed, your goals, then better recommendations can be given.

HTH

Back