• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is the Best Glass Cleaner?

Coolkuehl3

CEG'er
What do you use/recommend for cleaning the windows on your car? I want no streaks or lint left behind. Do you make your own blend or buy something in the car care aisle. Give me your thoughts.

Have you tried using a microfiber towel?...They work great on glass, if the windows aren't too dirty you can get away with using a just barely damp microfiber.

If you don't mind buying online, I can highly recommend this "Clean Glass Kit" which comes with DP Krystal Vision glass cleaner which rocks, and a microfiber towel that is made specifically for glass. http://www.autogeek.net/dpkrviclglki.html

If you want to buy at an autoparts store, I would say use a microfiber and pick up some Stoner's Invisible Glass, or Meg's NXT glass cleaner.

They have windex in a foam spray it comes in a can and doesnt drip everywhere when you spray it like the blue liquid version. I think that works pretty good.

I've been using the Stoner's Invisible Glass, which I can get at my local Wal Mart for $3.96 a bottle. I also picked up some "diapers," which are 100% cotton towels that come in a 3-pack, also from Wal Mart. They're nice and thick, obviously reusable, and do a great job on the glass.

Mark

Do any of you people use microfibers on your glass? :shrug:

Maybe for drying after a wash, but then actual window cleaning, newspaper works wonders and you can just throw it out. I didn't believe it at first until both my mom and brother told me about it. Then I was all like... :drool:

Meguiars NXT window cleaner + MF. NXT window cleaner on the exterior windows leaves a Rain-X like finish but requires much less effort!

Back