• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

weird noise

ok so here is my problem i have a 98 contour svt on the driver side front wheel i hear a noise come from it only while the car is moving and only on left turns now i cant fig out the noise i took the wheel off no signs of anything damaged or loose i was thinking bad axle ball joint or strut mount but i dont get any vibration at high speeds and the car accels and decels fine what am i to do i going crazy please help !

^^ I agree. Mine was doing the same thing. My guess is if it moans when you turn left, then it's your right side bearing. That would be the "loaded" side.
Erick --

not actually a moan more like a pop like wen a ball joint is bad kind of noise then the steering wheel gets all funny as if something poped out of place the the steering wheel gets ok again i want tot take it to the dealer but everyone knows they are ripp offs but would that noise have anything to do with the lsd? not its doing it a lil one right hand turns too maybe a trans mout? or motor mount maybe?

a loud POPPING noise when turning..........then it got worse. It began to do it even when going straight. When it would pop, well when it got bad, the whole front end would jump with the "POP" noise.

a loud POPPING noise when turning..........then it got worse. It began to do it even when going straight. When it would pop, well when it got bad, the whole front end would jump with the "POP" noise.
havent experienced that yet but i took it apart and found a worn ball joint on the lca i think thats where my
my vibration comes from under braking i have some moog replacements so im going put in today hopefully that fixes the problem if not then im sending the car to get the tranny rebuilt..... (sad face)

Back