• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Vortech Supercharger, Vortech-Spec MSDS headers, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
This is now sold and shipped, thanks!

Some of you know this already but I've decided to pull the Vortech and do an N/A 3L in the Cougar. It's come to a point where the Cougar has just been sitting and I needed to really set it up so I can use it as a DD in the summer and get rid of a car. Anyways, the supercharger is in great shape and includes just about everything you'd need to install it. It's pretty much a complete kit. It is the updated 'pin drive' style and should prove to be very reliable. Since the rebuild, the kit has ~600 miles on it.

Here's what it includes: Rebuilt vortech head unit (S/C rebuilds.com kit ~$250), rebuilt jackshaft and bearings, 80mm MAF+Adapter+Filter, Vortech-spec MSDS headers ($325 from MSDS), used belt, idler that was new when I got it, intake piping, etc.

Here's what it's missing: spacers to lift up radiator (I have the specs I can give to you), injectors &SCT chip (I had one with nothing on it I could include but can't for the life of me figure out where it is, if I find it before it sells I'll include it)

SOLD!!!this is a very good price for a kit that's pretty much ready to bolt-on and go. I would prefer to sell the headers with it as the buyer will likely need them as the non-msds spec ones won't work. If you are interested please PM me and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
This is a excellent price, if i could do it over i'd get this. But you should just throw it back in. ;)

Yea unfortunately no long tubes with the Vortech. Have to either use stock manifolds or the Vortech-spec MSDS headers like I am including with the sale!

First one with the cash gets boost! :)

i need a good picture of jackshaft routing. my longtubes come out quite a bit, i could always heat and bend piping or push the radiator further forward and bend outwards or a few things!

Of course anything can be done with the right amount of time and money, but trust me your not fitting a vortech with longtubes, ive had my coug with longtubes and my svt with the vortech all assembled sitting right next to each other. The shaft on the vortech and the headache to run an intercooler is why I sold my vortech, the longtubes won the debate.

I'd like to see if the jack shaft would run underneath my tubes! They just might, they poke out a good quit a few inches with no o2 sensors. They come out and touch my cooling fans. But either way I have hope. But I'm dedicated right now to a set of mk1 focus rs bumpers and quarter panels so I'd prolly be a month away from being able to get this

I would like to get this sold somewhat quickly as it is currently in the way.

EDIT: I have a downpayment on this so it looks like it is sold. I will update once I have full payment.

EDIT 2: I now have full payment and have shipped the vortech, she's sold!

Stupid question but what kind of HP can a person expect from this? just a real rough guess from a mostly stock setup? I would like to try and get around 250-275HP (motor not wheels) but am wondering if I can do it with a 3L and bolt ons without boost... How reliable are things with the SC on? If I go this route (not this kit obviously as it is sold is sounds like), can I still expect to use the car as a DD or is that unlikely unless I go forged?

There is a guy on NECO who has been daily driving a 2.5 with a Vortech for years now. Otherwise stock. Not sure of the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back