• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vacuum line woes

zxtuner

CEG'er
I have a 99 SVT with port matched swap. Now I have an issue when some vac lines have blown off due to what I can only guess is plugged pre cats. The vac lines in question are the DPFE and what I think are EGR lines. I can't really see the second set of nipples that don't have lines on them but I can feel exhaust coming out of them. Where might one find these lines in the engine bay? I honestly don't see anything or where they may connect to on the other end.

If anyone has any advise on replacing these that would be great. I know I need the precats done and I am having someone do that when I can come up with the cash....

Thanks all.

I cannot help you with your issuses, but there is basically a FREE way to eliminate bad pre cats... Gut them. Search on google and you should get a few good how to's. If you have the neeeded tools ita almost 100% free. And will give you more power. Best of luck. Hopefully someone can assist you!

I'm a little unclear on what you're asking, but there are two lines down there. There are two ports on the DPFE sensor (in differing sizes), and two corresponding ports on the tube that runs between the EGR valve and the rear manifold. There are two separate high-temp hoses that connects each DPFE port to its corresponding EGR sampling tube port. They are really deep down in there, so they are hard to see, but they should be easy enough to feel if you work your way from the EGR valve down to the manifold.

For reference, see if you can find a classifieds ad where someone has an EGR tube for sale with a photo. That will illustrate where the ports are, and how they are arranged.

went to the junk yard to get the hoses. Turns out mine are completely gone. Thanks anyway for the advice.

also I refuse to gut the cats, I have a NIB set that I need to put on.

just an update I got the new precats on and everything is good to go now. Turns out they were the culprit.

Back