• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

UIM/LIM change out?

docweld

New CEG'er
I have a 99 contour se sport w/5 sd. I have a valve tap that would not go away. I ended up pulling the top of the engine to replace the lifters.
Q; Should I replace my stock UIM/LIM, tb with ones from a SVT? Or can I just mod mine and go with a bigger tb?

I already opened up the y-pipe thanks to this site.
I have not done anything to the 2 manifold cat's but I did remove the main cat and made new high flow exhaust.
Since I have it all apart, I figured I should do it now. I do costume precision welding and fab, so I have done everything my self.
Any suggestions?
And how should I handle my PCM after I do this work.
Thank you

Docweld
99 se sport
steal blue
progress.gif

Putting the SVT intake manifold (UIM and LIM) and TB from an SVT will definately help flow a bit, but the difference won't be earth shattering. It will be better than simply throwing a larger TB on your current SE manifold. Porting the SE manifold is problematic at best, because you don't want to take much material off anywhere, but you want to clean up the runners all the way up, which is almost impossible without cutting it apart and welding it back together; and if you're a fabbie, then you know what your time is worth, and the time you'd spend on it would be huge. The other option is Extrude honing, which is what makes the SVT UIM different anyway, and a used SVT UIM will be cheaper than getting another manifold EH'ed.

As far as the PCM goes, your stock PCM will handle those changes just fine; though it won't fully take advantage of the changes. You could get and SVT PCM, and have the PATS system reprogrammed at a dealer to allow you to use it; or you could call Joey at NPG (BurritaSVT on here) and have him put together a calibration for you.

if you do go that route and replace UIM/LIM TB, go ahead and throw in 19 lb injectors too if you are planning to get a tune from nautilus.

if you do go that route and replace UIM/LIM TB, go ahead and throw in 19 lb injectors too if you are planning to get a tune from nautilus.

an SE with just SVT intakes will be fine on the stock injectors. no need to swap unless you are doing many other things to make more power.

Uim/lim

Uim/lim

Thank you all.
I was thinking of putting 19# injecters in also.
Do you know what the port openings are on the SVT UIM/LIM?
Mine are;
UIM
Inlet = 58mm
prim = 27.5 mm
sec = 31.3

LIM inlet
prim = 30.9 mm
sec = 31.7 mm

LIM outet
prim = 28.8 mm
sec = 28.5 mm

Head inlet
prim/sec = 34.2 mm
I may be looking into this to much but if you know if they are different that would be great. It does look like I should get the upper. I am looking at doing something with my air filter system. Not cold air!! my son has one on his 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS and hit a puddle of water and blew his engine.
Where can I get a SVT PCM and UIM?
thanks
Docweld

an SE with just SVT intakes will be fine on the stock injectors. no need to swap unless you are doing many other things to make more power.

I know, but if he does get a tune, he might as well pick up a set of 19LB injectors. Saves him from having to take things apart later, plus a set of injectors can usually be had pretty cheap. Around 50-60 bucks.

Back