• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TX Residency

ancientsanskrit

Hard-core CEG'er
Just inquiring as I have not done any extensive research, but am wondering if anyone knows the regulations in regards to becoming a TX resident?

From what I've heard it's being established at a TX residence for a year, a bank account, a registered TX vehicle and/or working in TX for a year.

Just inquiring as I have not done any extensive research, but am wondering if anyone knows the regulations in regards to becoming a TX resident?

From what I've heard it's being established at a TX residence for a year, a bank account, a registered TX vehicle and/or working in TX for a year.

Legal residency is almost considered instant. In fact TXDOT will start the fines and penalties after 20 days if your driver's license, insurance and title/registration isn't changed over. Of course you can always say you're visiting so and so if pulled over. But once you pull the trigger on one of the above you need to do all at same time otherwise you're caught (try explaining and out of state vehicle/insurance in your name with a TX drivers license, don't work).

But if you mean minimum established residency for purpose of paying in state school tuition then I believe your list above would work. They also like to see utility bills in your name also. A Fed tax return with TX address on it would hurt either.

Yeah, it's for B-school.

Obviously, I will be needing to talk to the school, and am at the premature stage of figuring this out. Appreciate the help guys.

Talk to the school for sure. When I was looking at colleges a lot of them were willing to drop the out of state tuition when you actually inquired about their regulations and applied.

Back