• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turtle Wax Ice

thekep

CEG'er
Has anyone tried this stuff? When it came out it was like 20 bucks, now I saw it at Wal-Mart for around $9. I want to try it but I would like some input on it before I buy it. Thanks.

I've never tried it, but many people who have say that it has piss poor durability.

About the best products available at a store in my opinion are Mothers FX, and Mothers Reflections.

Many people also like Meguiars NXT.

I used to sell it cuz i would always get people that come back to me and liked it. so i would pass that onto people, so i cant be bad.

its nice for inbetween "real" waxes. its not a paste so it doesnt put down as thick of a protective layer so it doesnt last long, but its super fast and easy. spray, swirl, dry, wipe. no real effort put into the actual waxing part. i use mother's stuff normally, i just bought a bottle to try it.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll give it a try. I've been using Eagle One Nano wax lately. I really like the way it turns out. I have yet to try NXT.

Clay bar your car, it's critical for you to actually make the paint look like lets say a new car. Secondly, when you wash, use a sponge. Also try using a good swirl remover with either a buffer/applicator or some really good elbow grease.

when you wash, use a sponge.

Actually, most detailers will tell you to not use sponges. They pickup dirt and debree much easier than a microfiber/cotton hand mitt.

Also, I've heard a lot more negatives about the "ICE" than positives. There have been complaints of it leaving a deep haze in the paint, a couple of days after application. I'd rather put my money into something a little more promising.

Mark

Has anyone tried this stuff? When it came out it was like 20 bucks, now I saw it at Wal-Mart for around $9. I want to try it but I would like some input on it before I buy it. Thanks.

5 days after application. Ill let you be the judge.
picture.JPG

The $9.00 stuff is probably for the QD, but its a pretty know fact that this stuff doesn't last that long but because its so easy to apply just keep applying it till you use up the bottle and step up to something else.

yupp, Mark is right..

I now use micro-fibers mits for washing, any thing micro fiber will be best for the car...

I was going to try the ICE wax but my biddy used it on his eclipse and 2 days later when it rained, it looked exactly like the pic Jim posted..not touching that wax

im a zaino freak now :)

yupp, Mark is right..

I now use micro-fibers mits for washing, any thing micro fiber will be best for the car...

I was going to try the ICE wax but my biddy used it on his eclipse and 2 days later when it rained, it looked exactly like the pic Jim posted..not touching that wax

im a zaino freak now :)

Personally I prefer genuine wool or sheepskin over the microfiber mitts I've tried, though there's a long-strand chenille-like microfiber mitt I haven't had the chance to try yet that looks interesting.

Back