• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo setup from Spain

CTC

CEG'er
I try to find some info about how to install a turbo at my Duratec 2.5 in Spain. In NECO says that our euro ECUs are encrypted and the SCT XCal can´t work with it. And say that someone in germany use a USA ECU. Do you know when can I find that information and how to?
Thanks

I only need to know where I can find someone that installed turbo in europe. How to repin the ECU arness if it is necesary

someone in NECO tell me that here in this forum there are someone from Germany that did that ECU arness mod, and I need to find him. Do you know him?

Try posting this question in the Europe section.

I know we don't condone cross posting, but in this case I think it is warrented. Or, if the Mod can move this thread.

someone in NECO tell me that here in this forum there are someone from Germany that did that ECU arness mod, and I need to find him. Do you know him?

I know, I read that post. and I am saying that I, myself, have never heard of this. someone else might have but I kinda doubt it.

There's only a few users I know of from Germany. Big Daddy Kane and Arnold are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Ok, I try to move it to Euro section.
Other question... I find this dent in the turbo... Can cause it problems? vibrations?

Are you talking about the missing metal on the right side...from say 2 - 4 o'clock?

It's hard to say....these things do spin really fast. Its effect would depend on how much the missing material weighed.

Are you talking about the missing metal on the right side...from say 2 - 4 o'clock?

It's hard to say....these things do spin really fast. Its effect would depend on how much the missing material weighed.

its also entirely possible that the missing metal was removed when it was balanced. since they spin upwards of 100K RPMs they need to be perfectly balanced and one of the things thats done sometimes is to remove tiny bits of metal from one end or the other.

its also entirely possible that the missing metal was removed when it was balanced. since they spin upwards of 100K RPMs they need to be perfectly balanced and one of the things thats done sometimes is to remove tiny bits of metal from one end or the other.

Agreed. I would think it would be smoother than the area in the picture though.

pretty sure the guy said over on NECO that this is a used kit. unless it was removed and sold for some particular reason I would say its fine ....but i don't know what is being asked about in the picture.

It looks like fail in the molding, but I would like to know if it cause problems before intall it

It looks like fail in the molding, but I would like to know if it cause problems before intall it

Is it a imperfection in the turbine mold... I'd say probably not. That is a machined surface that would be toleranced. Will it effect the performance... possibly. It may effect the CG of the turbine and cause it to wobble during operation. This could cause premature bearing failure, or depending on the clearances of the turbine to the housing, the turbine could rub against the housing and wear down the fins causing even more problems.

I've got three guesses as to what happened there...

1. It looks like the turbine could have been dropped before it was installed on the turbo during manufacture.

2. I guess it's also possibly that the turbine was damaged during a machining operation as well.

3. The turbo was run without a filter and it ingested debris (rock, gravel) that damaged the turbine. If this was also the case I would have suspected that the debris would have caused damage elsewhere further down into the engine.

In any case... I'd show the picture to the manf. of the turbo and ask them for advise. All in all you probably will have a lot of money invested into the car with getting this kit and installing it... I wouldn't risk it personally. Then you'd possibly be spending more money to fix the potential damage this could cause to the car. :shrug:

Just my two cents...

Back