• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo question

O-trim is a designation for the compressor housing.

Of the two, I'd choose the second one for your car.

That first one is a bored out 57 trim with anti-surge capability "O" trim.
That is supposed to be a real nice turbo for smaller engines trying to make a lot of power. THe smaller engines will run into the surge line because of the size of the compressor, therefore this helps alleviate it and enables them to run the larger compressor.

You don't need it with a 3.0
Therefore a standard 57 trim with a .63 or a 60 trim .63 will work very well on your car.

Oh, I see how it is now... I guess I'll have to switch my focus to you and not Hector since he never shows up to compete with me anyway. :)

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way: There is no way in hell I could compete with your wrx right now. Your car would slaughter my volvo, especially in the turns and on the launch. Right now my car really only pulls in the top-end because the turbo is large so perhaps I could run you down in 3rd and 4th on a straight if you weren't too far ahead already.
You did a hell of a job putting all that turbo hardware together. I'm very impressed and you should know I don't impress easily. As a consummate DIY'r and el Cheapo I'm more impressed by ingenuity and innovation like that.
Plus, I really enjoyed BS'ing with you up there. :cool:

Hah... I need some competition though, fuels my modding fire :)

My intercooler v.2 should be even better. Learning from what I did the first time.

Just wait until karting next year... we'll be karting with some real, fast, gas karts indoors.

And flattery will get you everywhere... keep it up :) Hah

Last edited:
O-trim is a designation for the compressor housing.

Of the two, I'd choose the second one for your car.

I hate to disagree with you, but the O-trim designation is stating what turbine wheel the turbo is equipped with; as in O,P, or Q. The E on the end of T04E is the compressor housing designation; as in B, E, S, etc...

I hate to disagree with you, but the O-trim designation is stating what turbine wheel the turbo is equipped with; as in O,P, or Q. The E on the end of T04E is the compressor housing designation; as in B, E, S, etc...

Well, you are right in the fact that my statement was incorrect, and that O, P or Q trim refers to a turbine wheel, but they refer to full T4 turbine wheels, not T3 turbine wheels, which the turbos being discussed have. So, either way, something is goofy here.

Back