• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo Kit- Info please

joncsfreak

New CEG'er
First of all, I ahve a 95' Mercury Mystique 2.0 Zetec
I have researched this car for about a year, and I finally am rebuilding.
I'm putting forged pistons in, eagle connecting rods, crower cams (if I can find the old style stage 3) and what not.

The thing I need to know is, What should I replace with the rebuild for the turbo kit. The turbo will be running at 10 pounds. I have heard the rods break at 9. What about the pistons? should I worry about those or use the bored out pistons later. Stock ring replacement, or do I need heavy duty ones?

Whats the Stock Height on the connecting rods?

For anyone who can answer this, Thanks you so much for your time and help.

honestly the stock block is supposed to be good for about 300HP. 10PSI (depending on the turbo) will get you to about 200-220 WHP. that said, if you have high miles on the engine i would just rebuild it. as long as you use pistons for the focus (forged of course) with the eagle rods for the focus you will have no problems there. look through these 2 threads and you can see what i did.

as for a turbo kit i am the only person that makes one. PM me if your interested. my kit costs ~$3500 and it includes everything except for a tune (you can get that either from a local tuner or through Warmonger).

any other questions feel free to post or PM me.

honestly the stock block is supposed to be good for about 300HP. 10PSI (depending on the turbo) will get you to about 200-220 WHP. that said, if you have high miles on the engine i would just rebuild it. as long as you use pistons for the focus (forged of course) with the eagle rods for the focus you will have no problems there. look through these 2 threads and you can see what i did.

as for a turbo kit i am the only person that makes one. PM me if your interested. my kit costs ~$3500 and it includes everything except for a tune (you can get that either from a local tuner or through Warmonger).

any other questions feel free to post or PM me.

i hope 200 is untune right!!!!!

i hope 200 is untune right!!!!!
no that is tuned. its just plain stupid to run a turbo without a tune, even at only 5 PSI. the factory tune doesnt know what to do with the extra air cause you will max out the MAF.

also keep in mind that those numbers are with a T3 turbo. its max is about 300-325HP and that will take about 20lbs of boost.

no that is tuned. its just plain stupid to run a turbo without a tune, even at only 5 PSI. the factory tune doesnt know what to do with the extra air cause you will max out the MAF.

also keep in mind that those numbers are with a T3 turbo. its max is about 300-325HP and that will take about 20lbs of boost.

so, how much boost can our stock block hold? i know you said our block can hold up to 300 hp!!! but, how much boost?

Last edited:
You don't understand forced induction do you?

The amount of boost depends on alot of things. On a bone stock Zetec, if would take about 20psi to hit 300HP. If you upgraded your head, cams, and had cam gears, it may only take 10 to 15 psi to hit 300HP.

It's all about flow.

BP

You don't understand forced induction do you?

The amount of boost depends on alot of things. On a bone stock Zetec, if would take about 20psi to hit 300HP. If you upgraded your head, cams, and had cam gears, it may only take 10 to 15 psi to hit 300HP.

It's all about flow.

BP
dont forget the most obvious flow change, the compressor itself. you can get a T4 that will flow more air at 10PSI than a T3 at 20PSI.

Back