• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tuning without secondaries

fordrule

CEG'er
When i get home from korea i will be removing the secondaries from my LIM on my 3L and remove the IMRC. I thought i would rather buy a PRP instead of purchasing a new IMRC and have it fail on me again. Right now i am driving wit hthe secondaries pinned open but not tuned wit hthe xcal2 for it. i wasn't sure where to add with the xcal2 to compensate with the secondaries pinned as a nice band-aid for now, till i remove the secondaries and get the PRP.

200 for a PRP vs 200 for a IMRC....lol more fun with a prp.

I am sure some people have already tuned with the PRP and wanted a tune possibly ?

tom?
aaron?

but wouldn't i make more power with them out , and then add 24's and a 65mm TB

I don't really know the answer to that. There is no cut and dry setup that has shown more power without them. There are several that show good power without but there are many more that show just as much power with them. So if $$ is an issue it would be a heck of a lot easier to spend $2 on a transistor, $10 on a soldering iron if you don't have one and then put it together. At least you know what you've got when it's working and without them you don't know what you will loose or how much effort you will go through perfecting the tune to do well without them.

More power in the mid to upper rpm powerband with them removed, the LIM modified, and the setup properly tuned. Definitely. There are some big ifs and the tuning is by far the largest bar none. If you can't self tune then I always recommend against it.

Back