• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tropical Storm Edouard

Veteran CEG'er
Good thing I filled up my gas tanks. Prices will probably go up with the storm forming in the Gulf. It may be a hurricane by Tuesday.

Be careful.

I'm here at work and we're watching the storm closely. We're pretty sure we'll go to 12 hour shifts starting tomorrow and we won't be going home 'til it passes.

Oh well. Where are all the night owls?

looks like I picked a good time to take vacation

Sure did. From what the newscasters are saying, most of the off shore rigs have not been evacuated at this time. Edouard MIGHT get to a Cat. 1 by landfall Tuesday morning.

We shall see.

Last night I saw a big Texaco gas station that ran all out of Plus and Super Plus. I use regular on my car. Today I drove all the way to work to find out it was closed. What a waste of gas.

Since there is no work I decided to go out and do some other things, but those places were closed. Not a good day so far.

Storm has been pretty weak. I slept through it. I told my wife to wake me up when if it got bad and she said it hardly rained and the wind was just gusty.

We'll see how the second half does.

Freaking price gougers!

I went out last night to get a llittle water, and some bread, etc... and the gas station at the corner was 4.22 a gallon for regular (compared to 3.69-2.79 or so a few hours before that) and there were lines around the block..

I HATE THAT CRAP and I wish I'd had my camera phone on me or something!

Yeah I hate that. Hopefully someone took a picture so they can gripe about it and get them in some trouble.

Back