• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Transmission Reinstallation

csvtpsu

CEG'er
hey everyone,

I took my trans out to replace the clutch. I replaced it with a clutchnet SM9371 clutch and a LUK pressure plate. I believe i read that the LUK pressure plate will work with the clutchnet clutch is this correct? Also i bolted everything in and torqued everything down according to the haines manual and attempted to mate the trans back up with the engine. I got it back together up to about a 1/4". The pilots line up with the holes in the trans but i can't get it to go that last 1/4" to become flush. The engine is still in the car so it is difficult to really work with it so my question is has anyone had any issues such as this or am i over looking something that is keeping me from getting it all the way back in? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

I can't remember on the 2.5L but I'm assuming its like the 3L. Sometimes the tab on top of the trans (I think there are 2 bolt holes there) gets caught on the thermostat housing and you have to rotate the transmission about 4-5 inches towards the back of the car and then it slips right. Also, check the obvious, make sure the alignment pins aren't warped

This happend on my cts-v. It was the slave. If you release the bleeder it might let it go in.

Back