• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Transmission Help

1999contour

CEG'er
Well, broke my shift tower bolt... car is still in first so i cant get the tower out... anyone know of a good place to have my car fixed at? or anyone feel like helping me out with this darn thing... im in central wisconsin around the wausau area.... i have the necessary tools to take the tranny out myself... but im not confident enough to tackle this myself.. any help would be great.

a few months ago i was searching the web and found a site about a company/shop in wissonsin that sells rebuilt tranny's for all sorts of vehicles, but i can't find it now anyone know where i am talking about?

I say part it out..... just kidding. You don't need to get another trans. Pull the one you have, open it up, fix the bolt, get'r back in. Are you planning on doing this soon?

You have tons of time to find what you need then. Make it a winter goal for yourself to find a trans or fix what you have in spring.

Back