• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

to optimize, or not to optimize

1BadJag

CEG'er
... yes i have searched.... and seach. But im still stuck on what to do! Should i
1) optimize the stock y pipe on my 98 csvt.
2) Get money together and go for the BAT inc ypipe/cat w/ flexpipe(400$ ugh)?

Need some honest opinions. What gives more power? Is the Cost of the BAT ypipe worth it?

... yes i have searched.... and seach. But im still stuck on what to do! Should i
1) optimize the stock y pipe on my 98 csvt.
2) Get money together and go for the BAT inc ypipe/cat w/ flexpipe(400$ ugh)?

Need some honest opinions. What gives more power? Is the Cost of the BAT ypipe worth it?

opt the stock pipe. :cool:

i looked for the how to.... disappeared maybe?

the links are down because ceg is under construction.

It's pretty simple. Cut the y-pipe...remove the center bar with a grinder...and then reweld the pipe back in place.:cool:

TO be honest..i'm over hauling the entire exhaust section. It needs to be done!
I will have every area covered and i will most def cover the y-pipe section. It's currently my only section left to tackle. So check back in 2 weeks with coffee and your reading glasses :)

the links are down because ceg is under construction.

It's pretty simple. Cut the y-pipe...remove the center bar with a grinder...and then reweld the pipe back in place.:cool:

TO be honest..i'm over hauling the entire exhaust section. It needs to be done!
I will have every area covered and i will most def cover the y-pipe section. It's currently my only section left to tackle. So check back in 2 weeks with coffee and your reading glasses :)
lol good deal. is it possible to NOT cut the ypipe open and use a torch on the divider? i would hate to hack my ypipe up and be out of my DD for a few days

lol good deal. is it possible to NOT cut the ypipe open and use a torch on the divider? i would hate to hack my ypipe up and be out of my DD for a few days

Torching won't do anything.

You can grind down the center bar a bit with a grinder.

Take a moment and look at trubendz for their custom y-pipes they offer us.

Back