• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

To buy or not to buy

FokusDave

CEG'er
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4291549950.html

Looking to buy this tomorrow. Guy bought it to help a friend out. Car looks clean however has bad rocker panel rust if you look at the passenger side rear you can see it hang a little bit. I work at a dealership and have body work hookups but not looking spend thousands of dollars on body work. Engine and tranny are good from what he said. It's a drive tho from where I am and don't want to drive up there without asking some opinions from you guys. Thanks a ton.
Dave

Save the time. A member has already looked at it. The rockers are rusted out, needs loads of work and guy won't go under $2300.

I'd check the living hell out of the transmission and engine regardless of how clean it can be inside/outside and even rocker panel rust...

Review another member had:

"Went to look at this.... Lmfao rusted beyond belief but belong to a CEGer has window stickers from the CEG... The car however does have: BAT suspension, poly filled mounts short shifter, no CEL that doesn't mean anything I guess... But the dash was once warped and the precious owner cut the dash to hell and put black tape over it... All 4 doors are rusted there literally are no rocker panels at all..both quarter are rusted to •••• trunk rusted roof rusted driver seat ripped many broken interior parts headlight tabs are broke grill is broke.... It's a pile of ••••! He went down to 2300 and I said no also it has a MASSIVE oil leak but may have a 3 L cuz valve cover are different tranny has been replaced idk but be careful"

He wants $2300 for that? Dude, that's at best $500 to part out...some people are just disgusting...

Tgreen

Tgreen

Went and checked said vehicle out a couple days ago that was my post someone quoted... It has a very severe engine leak when I talked to him on the phone he said 3200 firm... As soon as I walked up to it I literally laughed out loud.. The pics make this thing look damn near mint.. Was gonna buy cuz I had a little rust on my rockers also when u talk to him he'll say "has a little rust" ever panel of this car is rusted and covered with black tape which is why u can't see the rust in the pics and the side skirts which are held on by drywall screw which are rusted as well ... He acted like he never drove it cuz when I started it... Smoke poured out of the engine bay and both wheel wells... It was dark so I kindly showed him the puddles... Yes plurel puddles of oil on the tranny and the ground... He said "oh wow" lol when I asked him questions he said he didn't know much cuz he just bought it himself.. That being said... It's a good parts car FSVTS BAT SUSP. Poly filled mounts not 100% sure cuz the guy was clueless but it may have a 3L in it ... Also had CEG stickers in the window so probably someone on this group owned it at one point.. So buyer be ware I wasted 3 hours driving to look at it.... Smh

Ouch man I am sorry you went there. Yeah I didn't even text the guy back after what I read. I was so disappointed and felt bad for anyone that looked at it. Yeah sadly not many Csvt here in ohio that are worth anything. Wanted to buy my red 98.5 back from guy I sold it over the summer he said he would sell it to me then dissappeard. :( oh well. Again thanks guys saved me a long trip!

Back