• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tires

Jo4nny

CEG'er
I've got a huge bulge in my RF tire so I'm gonna need new ones.

I just got back from Wal-Mart where they bunged up my jackpoint covers before finally telling me they couldn't do the job because they couldn't find a way to hoist the car :nonono::mad:

I was going to tell them how but decided if they're that dumb I don't want them doing it at all.

I also refuse to go to Canadian Tire, but I need the tires to be relatively inexpensive (less than $150 apiece) and installation can't be an arm and a leg either.

Who do you guys recommend? :shrug:

I just got 2 brand new Kuhmo Ecsta 711's (205's) for $200, and about $30 to mount/balance/install them back on my car since I also had a huge buldge in my sidewall

Sean

this is why its good to have friends and family in every part of this industry. i go to my aunt for most tires and my girlfriend for tire balance and install (works as a tech at mazda)

tiredepot.com
Try their specials. I got some Pirellis P4 a few years back. Great summer tires. A bit too much fun when wet, but I have them for 6 years now so it might have something to do with that.

I also recommend some GoodYears. Assurance Comfortread. They work great on my SUV, quiet, decent snow traction, very good wet traction.

I usually head up to Markham to Steelcase Tires. They have name brands (Kumhos, Falken, Toyo, Michelin, etc.), but they can also get you less expensive, offshore (Korean, Chinese, Indonesian) brands as well.

If you have a Costco membership I suggest you look into it. I recently got some tires there for another vehicle and feel I got a good deal. Check their online site and they show pricing and current deals I think.

If you dont want to run into issues with someone knowing how to jack up the car and that stuff, I would stick with a tire place. They generally have much better knowledge. I have always done that and have never had a problem. Now my opinion on the Kumho tires. I have had two sets of them on my car and I liked them but for some reason the Contour they like to wear pretty easily on the inside. I am not the only one who has had that problem with them. It seems to be the design of the car.

I now am running Nexens on the car. They were relatively inexpensive and seem to be better with the wear than the Kumhos. I use a tire company in Newmarket and also my mechanic seems to get good pricing on tires too. Tire prices can vary drastically from place to place so you should do some shopping if you can.

If you have a Costco membership I suggest you look into it. I recently got some tires there for another vehicle and feel I got a good deal. Check their online site and they show pricing and current deals I think.

i work at sams club in cambridge and we got the same tires they got (michelin,goodyear,bridgestone,bf goodridge,and dunlop tires)and we got really good warranty like free rotation and free re-balance and flat repair ,and road hazard protection and its onli like $9 installin per tire so its not bad ,and yes as laura said there are people who dont know where to jack the car from and jack it from your side skirt and damage it (crappy tire) :laugh:never going there again...and we got the low pro host so its good for lowered cars and trucks

hope that helps

1010tires great service and not bad prices. I had to replace my two fronts and I got them in no time. I paid $15 bucks less than the locals wanted to charge me for my BF's

Back