• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tire size

salvadorr90

CEG'er
When i got my csvt the dude had two different size of tires for the back and front, the rear tires are 205/40zr17 and the front are p215/50r17. He also included to extra tires but one of them was messed up and the other i kept and the size of that one is 215/45zr17
I need to replace my front tires and well i dont know what size to choose
What do you all suggest
Thanks

225/45/17

Perfect size for a 17". Depending on your suspension setup, width of the wheels, and offset, you can bump it up to 235.

If you are going to see light snow or very heavy rain, 215/45 is a good size. There's no good reason to put a 235 width tire on it if the rim width is anything less than 7.5 inches.

I dont think there is a good reason for 235s at all. Generally they're harder to find and cost more than a 225 or a 245 does.

There are certain scenarios where 235 is the right choice. But mostly 225 or 245 is the better choice. I was going to get 17X8 38et wheels and put 235's on them for my car. Then I decided that the performance gain was not worth the money. But I think they would have probabley have worked out better for me than 225's or 245's. Maybe

I've been in that boat. I have a set of 8" rims that came from the factory with 225s on them but currently have 245s on them. Honestly the 225 actually puts down just a hair less tread than the 245 (even though its noticeably larger) so I always planned on doing 225s again because they're much less money.

Back