• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Timeout (automatic logout) while posting new thread

FavoriteMystaque

Hard-core CEG'er
I was typing a long paragraph (15 minutes plus) for a new topic and I could not post it, the forum logged me out. I copied it so I could log in and post without retyping. Is there a way to adjust the timeout? Sometimes more time is needed:help:

I just tried letting this topic "sit" after hitting Reply (surfed Ebay;) . 30 minutes later, I replied, then it said I can't post, logged out, etc. I am using Opera 9. Maybe I will try it with IE or Fox next time I login.

It happened to me today. My connection was slow, so my post didn't go through.
I tried to go back and repost, but then I got a message I was not logged in.
luckily I copied my foolish rantings, and was able to post it later after logging back in.

No problems here with Safari (OSX). I haven't been logged out at all since the first time I logged in this forum. Haven't tried with my PC yet (I'm borrowing my neighbor's WLAN temporarily till I sign up for my own cable).

I even had an issue making a post once when my connection went down, but ten minutes later I hit "post quick reply" and it went fine.

I've used firefox and IE6-7 on the corral (mustang forum)(also vBulletin) for some time now and this is a "problem" there as well.

for some reason unless you select the keep me logged in box before logging in, using the back button for than a couple times, or sitting idle for a while will log you out. it seems to simply be a by product of vBulletin. if you do not want your browser to remeber your information, simply configure it to erase cookies everytime you close it, but the only tried and true methood of getting around the random log out seems to be logging in with the keep logged in box checked.

I will try that now:cool: I just noticed the box there is Remember Me, I'll try that.

Last edited:
I will try that now:cool: I just noticed the box there is Remember Me, I'll try that.

That should do it. I'm running IE6 and as long as that is checked, I'm never logged out. Before setting "Remember Me" I was logged out all the time.

I think Lance should maybe increase the timeout setting for the members that don't want "Remember Me" enabled.

Back