• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tan interior offical post

Agree with the deep clean. You could grab a the black steering wheel and steering column shrouds out of a Cougar. Maybe re-content the dash clock or get a Mondeo trip computer.

For the record, I have a very nice black leather 2000 Cougar steering wheel with an airbag sitting in my garage collecting dust right now...

Something I started and never finished.

msc213.jpg

msc208.jpg

msc207.jpg

msc209.jpg

msc210.jpg

msc212.jpg

msc214.jpg

1111.jpg

I might just steal ur design lol I like the look of it what do you use though cause my brother used this interior spray that was black and it rubbed right off when it was dry after a month

I like that look. What happened that you didn't finish it?

Scrapped the car. Long story.

I might just steal ur design lol I like the look of it what do you use though cause my brother used this interior spray that was black and it rubbed right off when it was dry after a month

I advise using SEM dyes, or have the dash professionally dyed. I used Krylon Fusion satin black on the plastics. The steering wheel is out of a Cougar. Also, dye the carpet black.

I used duplicolor adhesive promoter and duplicolor black on my old accord to get a few pieces black and after it dried i tried to scratch it off kinda hard and it didnt come off at all. I used sem paint once and had it prepped hardcore but with no adhesive promoter and it started to chip off quick. So if you paint anything i would use adhesive promoter and let it dry awhile before you touch it

I have used SEM with adhesion promoter and Dupont Vinyl Color paint (comes in quart cans) also with adhesion promotor. The key is proper scuffing and prep and ADHESION promoter before applying any color. I like that two tone look Josh...very cool.

Back