• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

T-Red black chrome painted pic request

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
Searched and only came up with a couple people talking about doing it but didn't come across any pics. I am picturing the chrome strip on my trunk lid painted black looking :cool:. So before I do it I figured I would see if anyone could dig up a pic if you know of one out there of this on a t-red. Again, T-red pics only please!

Hey, I just did this to my car last week but haven't gotten a pic of it. I will take one sometime this week when I have time.

I personally don't like the painted black look (still better than chrome though), I might change it to a more subtle charcoal color later...similar to my wheel color.

I'll try to get you that pic soon tho :)

I guess you didnt search too much. Second page of the Tred thread, MAZDASPEED's car.

492594_9_full.jpg

492594_11_full.jpg

Later on in that thread...
dsc03522wi3.jpg

Hey, thanks for the pics. I'm doing it for sure now! Did you use any clear coat on yours? Kinda looks more of a flat black, but it could just be the lighting and angles of the pics.

Ive done mine, but on a SF. I didnt use a clear coat. You could find some plastic spray and use that. I used the same paint as my rims. Go to your nearest JY and give it a test run.

Just Whoring some new pics today after painting my chrome strip on the back of my car Black. Also decided for the time being that my unhooked stubby antenna would look better black as well. Oh and decided I didn't like my reverse lights anymore either. They still light up, but are pretty useless now. :laugh:

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Back