• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

swapped out my pre98 vents

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
so i finally swapped out my pre98 vents for some post 98's and not happy with the fact that i dont have the digital clock anymore, instead there is an LED there. anyone know wat its for?

so i finally swapped out my pre98 vents for some post 98's and not happy with the fact that i dont have the digital clock anymore, instead there is an LED there. anyone know wat its for?

It's a red LED that's attatched to the anti-theft system. It just blinks when the system is armed.

~Mike~

You bought the wrong year bezel if you wanted a clock.

You should have found one from a 98, not 98.5.

Mystiques used four different bezels over the years. (Five if you count the color change for 97)

Looks like the put in a 98 + bezel instead of a pre98. You got one out of the 2nd gen body style. The PATS light will not light on your car since only 98+ have it.

Looks like the put in a 98 + bezel instead of a pre98. You got one out of the 2nd gen body style. The PATS light will not light on your car since only 98+ have it.

Well from his first post, I'm assuming he wanted the newer bezel. The Pre-98 vents are garbage!

It was one the first things we did to my brothers Mystique:
DSCF2479Medium.jpg

I think the bezel around the vent changed...but I could be mistaken. I had been looking into getting a 98+ dash because they are much better. One problem is splicing in a new defroster switch and extending wires...

I think the bezel around the vent changed...but I could be mistaken. I had been looking into getting a 98+ dash because they are much better. One problem is splicing in a new defroster switch and extending wires...

Yeah, the passenger vent changed for 99. There was no longer a bezel around the vent. The dash was shaped right around the vent.

Now, when you say "dash", are you talking about the bezel or the whole dash?

All dashes from 95-98.5 were the same on Contours, with the exception of the center bezel, and the passenger vent.

If you want the newer looking dash setup, all you need is the bezel, switches, and passenger vent. A whole dash swap would be a waste of time.

Yeah just the bezel, sorry for the confusion. They swap out no prob, although the 98+ is a bit odd of a fit...hard to explain. Only problem is the defroster switch, and the clock if you happen to get one with a clock. And obviously you won't be able to get a matching passenger vent.

Back