• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Crisis!!!

I live in Tucson, AZ and have a '98 CSVT with a rod knock:cry:--what a solider cuz it actually still runs:shocked:..Anyway i just bought an '02 Sable 3.0L engine, with 80K, for it to upgrade, but unfortunatly for my mechanic is putting it off..So I need CEGs help im looking for a person that can help with the swap..im willing to PAY!! If i cant get this car running at least the end of the month then im forced to sell it..iTrust me when i say i dont want to sell the car cuz i had some good times with it, since my owership last year, but if i had to i would sell it..
Its has a very clean exterior and the interior is just as clean and very smooth for an 11 year old car..HIDs, little system in truck, and warranties on parts i recently replaced-->pictures upon request Thank you

I know that Greg (TheFordGuy) may be down in that area, he's done a 3L swap before. I'll ask him to check in here if he's around town.

hey there-i know greg personally i didnt think he was still in town!!! haha anyway me and him i guess arent cool anymore or sumthing but i dunno imight just hve to sell it man..i was actually gonna call ADC to find out a quote to see how much to install the motor? But if it is too high then i have to get another car--->i thinking VR6 :confused: who knows but thanks man i app. it a lot for answering :cry: lol

I know someone but down here in phoenix that will and would have it done in about 3 days. He's my mechanic and a damn good one. He has worked on both my CSVT's. The last motor replacement he did took him 3 days, i dont know about anyone else but i think thats PDQ

I know someone but down here in phoenix that will and would have it done in about 3 days. He's my mechanic and a damn good one. He has worked on both my CSVT's. The last motor replacement he did took him 3 days, i dont know about anyone else but i think thats PDQ

Really how far in PHX--cuz tech. my car car still drive just have to keep the rpms down..if you can give me a # i can call tomorrow..i need this car ASAP by months end and if not im forced to sell!!! Thanks guys

Back