• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Suspension Recommendations San Diego

David Frank

New CEG'er
My 98 CSVT with 85k miles needs new LCA bushings (or just a new LCAs). I have one nearby shop that wants close to $700 for the labor. Parts aren't a problem.

I would like to get some recommendations on suspension mechanics/shops in the SD area.

If that works out, down the road I may want to put in the BAT kit.

David Frank

Did that estimate come with a jar of Vasoline? They must not want the job. That is WAY overpriced. Shop around to some more repair shops.

If you have the 4 bolt LCAs, getting the bolts out of one side can be awkward since the engine is in the way. What many have done is cut the bolts, buy new ones, and install them upside down.

I got a quote similar to that. Its because they have to drop the subframe to get at one of the bolts on the drivers side. I ended up doing it myself and took the upside down bolt shortcut.

I do have the 4-bolt LCAs. The updside down bolt is intriguing. I will check the site for a how to. There wouldn't be any safety implications, right? -- do those bolts ever come loose?

I still would like to get someone to do it -- perhaps establish a business relationship, because I'd like to keep the car for a few more years and improve the suspension. The value of these cars has hit bottom -- there is nothing left to depreciate. But that's another topic. I will call around, but any leads are much appreciated.

if youre willing to drive up to the 91364 area my buddy john would do it for you for waaaay less than that. prob less than half of that. he's dropped many a sho/csvt subframes already.

I am interested; Topanga Canyon about 150 mi North of where I am...? If you haven't already, give me a PM (which my popup blocker will block) to tell me your friend's contact info.

I do have the 4-bolt LCAs. The updside down bolt is intriguing. I will check the site for a how to. There wouldn't be any safety implications, right? -- do those bolts ever come loose?

I installed mine upside down years ago and those bolts have'nt budged a bit. So I would say that you would be just fine. You could use some loctite just for additional assurance, but it's not necessary.

I still would like to get someone to do it -- perhaps establish a business relationship, because I'd like to keep the car for a few more years and improve the suspension. The value of these cars has hit bottom -- there is nothing left to depreciate. But that's another topic. I will call around, but any leads are much appreciated.

i just emailed him for a possible estimate and when he could possibly get to it. he still needs to pull my trans and i guess do MattyFay's 3L..

Back