• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

summer tire choices and reviews

newb

Hard-core CEG'er
post what you've run on your car for summer, or all season, size, miles and what your opinion of the tires were. thx guys.

Falken RT-615s and Hankook R-S2's, both in 225/45R17. like both, haven't pushed them to hard. not to many miles on them at this point, maybe a few thousand. I would recommend both.

wynstar exocet 215/45/Zr17, junk tires that came with a cheap wheel and tire package. Wouldnt purchase them again

General Exclaim UHP 225/45/Zr17 great price, good reviews, I have about 2k miles on them and love them

Continental contiextremecontact 205/55/R16 Ultra High Performance All-Season. Awesome tire, Im on my third set great all-season performance, good traction in the snow. Would buy again

Kumho Ecsta SPT 215/45/17 gripped well, and were a good price. also lasted for a reasonably long time for an UHP summer tire.

BFG T/A KDWS 245/45/17 grips well in dry, wet, and snow for an UHP All-Season tire. of course, the AWD on the VR4 helps so that may not be useful to you.

General Exclaim UHP 225/45/Zr17 great price, good reviews, I have about 2k miles on them and love them

This is my summer tire as well. Very good traction, only thing I have noticed (and confirmed with another member here that has them) is that they tend to flatspot from sitting in one position. It takes a couple slightly shaky miles on the highway to work it out but then they are nice and smooth. Good bang for buck though with these.

I also have 205/55/16 Kumho ASX all seasons on my Cougar. These are great in the summer in either rain or dry conditions. I personally haven't tested them in the snow as I have winterforces, but I wanted all seasons in case I decide to sell the car and not deal with 2 sets of wheels. I have rode in a car with them in the snow and they are pretty decent for an ultra high performance all season.

Back