• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

struts

tinmender1963

Be Gentle I'm New Here
What are the best struts for the money? I have a 1998.5 SVT and a 2001 Cougar ZN. Any help would be great. I have looked into the BAT package with the stuts and springs. Does anyon have any experience with these products or with ordering from BAT

I have a bat kit on my car, been on it for 7 years now. Didnt have any issues when ordering back then or recently.

I've ordered allot of parts from BAT & never had any problems what so ever.

Most recently, rebuilt my entire suspension and installed the BAT strut/spring combo kit along with BAT mounts F&R. It's been on the SVTC for about a month and I like the small drop & improved handeling. I also installed the larger BAT RSB at the same time I had all the other suspension work done.

I'd go with the BAT kit unless you want to be slammed & give up ride quality. It really does give a nice stance/drop (1") and much improved handeling over OEM.

Thanks guys. I have been leaning in that direction and needed to hear it for sure. I will kee you posted on how it goes. Next quest is finding a strut for my Escape. I can't find any struts like for it.

Back