• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Strut mount confusion!

m1lgram

CEG'er
Hello,

Both of my struts are gone in the rear of my CSVT. Ford was able to locate and order OEM struts and coils for it, but were unable to find the strut mounts for some reason. The schematic for the mounts from Ford is equally confusing, showing only one side's part numbers and also showing rubber and steel plate parts.

At the moment I was considering getting Monroe strut mounts from Advance, but am unsure these will fit. I'm guessing they're considerably cheaper as well. Does anybody know if the Monroe mounts will fit the Ford struts?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys, I'll go ahead and take advantage of this Advance promo on the final day and grab the Monroes. Contour.org saves the day and a few bucks once again. :)

The parts guy at Ford said that strut mounts are usually unique per side, and was baffled by the rubber and steel plates which looked the same. Must have been having a bad day (?).

The parts guy at Ford said that strut mounts are usually unique per side, and was baffled by the rubber and steel plates which looked the same. Must have been having a bad day (?).

He got them confused with the Buster Brown shoes he was selling last week after he was fired from his cell phone salesman job at RatShak.

They're unique if you're trying to buy them and they have you bent over; they're the same if you have them in your hands.

Back