• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Exhaust Piping with...

Con2er

CEG'er
Magnaflow - most popular, most recommended (4" round straight through muffler")
Used by CEGers: #10435 and #11225

I have read that the piping isn't that bad so if I replaced my stock resonator and mufflers with 3 of the 4" mufflers how would it sound and would I gain any noticable hp? I was also considering replacing the res with the 11225 and using the 4" for the back mufflers. What does everybody else think?

A waste of money IMO , unless your OEM mufflers and resonator are shot. Mostly all you'll gain is a lot more noise and a slightly deeper sound.

I run a glasspack in place of the resonator and no mufflers (replaced with straight pipe sections) all through factory piping and tips. Great tone, good "burble", not too loud, and quiet on the freeway. I've done this to both SVT's I've owned. No real HP gains, just a great sound.

I don't know if i agree there are not gains from exhaust modification. they may not be as large as one would hope but they are still there. I on;y make note of this because I swapped back to a stock air box w/k&N filter and a full stock SVT cat-back from a KKM filter w/heatshield and a modified SVT exhaust with a glaspak and 2.25" pipe from the rear y back to magnaflow mufflers. i noticed the engine didn't rev as quickly, much quieter also, I could hear the exhaust while cruising on the highway.

So maybe its just perception but who knows.

Back