• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock exhaust length

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Tried searching here and the old forums didn't come up with anything. Anyone know what the length of the stock SVT exhaust is? Guess main point will it fit inside my Windstar for transport, have approx 10' 10" from liftgate to passenger side footwell.

I'm thinking it will with no trouble, but want to make sure.

The rear mufflers might not fit, only because the tubes tuck up high at the rear end. That might be the only problem. Well actually i have no idea what the flow tunnel looks like to se if the tubes would fit.

Best of luck, let us know if it fits. :shrug:

The rear mufflers might not fit, only because the tubes tuck up high at the rear end. That might be the only problem. Well actually i have no idea what the flow tunnel looks like to se if the tubes would fit.

he sid in not on a windstar ....

Now that's an interesting concept. SVT Exhaust on a Windstar.. But as BrApple noted above\below, it will be inside the van for transport, not on.

I was able to transport an SVT exhaust + cat with a 99 ford explorer sport. Cat end was basically hitting the dash and mufflers were just hanging out of the tailgate. Just trying to give you some sort of reference.

I was able to transport an SVT exhaust + cat with a 99 ford explorer sport. Cat end was basically hitting the dash and mufflers were just hanging out of the tailgate. Just trying to give you some sort of reference.

Thanks. Hopefully we can make it fit, really don't want to make a 2+hr drive with the lift gate open if we don't have to.

I hauled a SVT exhaust in my Contour from Indiana to Wisconsin. The mufflers hung out the trunk, but it fit :shrug: - Mark Knox (Y2KSVT) sold it to me and I thought we could change it at his place and just cut up my stock single with fart can :laugh: but it was dead cold in winter and was almost blizzard like weather the entire drive - PS and he had no garage :blackeye:. I have a pic somewhere...... I will post it here :D

Just for future reference. Yes a stock SVT exhaust does fit in a Windstar, right up between the front seats about 5 inches from the HVAC controls, all the way to the liftgate, has to be angled a bit to fit width wise.

Back