• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

STL 3L swap...anyone?

Since no one has answered you yet. Ill offer my services for a plane ticket, food, bed, and a little cash

i just bought a trailblazer ss in o'fallon, mo. it's pretty far from Belleville, IL where i am located. you willing to travel out to this neck of the woods?

as they said before, not sure if anyone in the area has done the 3L swap. If your doing it on a weekend I'd be willing to come out to Belleville and give a hand. I'll be doing a swap soon enough so It would be good learning for me.

also as n2o stated he has a 3L in his car now, I've seen it :) could be a good reference

sounds great! have any of you dealt with getting parts from LKQ? metro-east LKQ has a couple 3.0L i want to look at, but they said they can't let me in the yard to look at them because of insurance purposes. they have to pull the motor themselves. so you're pretty much buying a motor without seeing if the block even has a crack in it, etc, etc. what do ya'll think? i've never bought anything like that before....

That one in Caseyville? Never been, sounds like Al's auto over by me. Well they should offer some sort of 30 day return warranty right? Also thye should be able to tell you how many miles i'd think.

If you don't like them maybe you could try Speedway or Pick and pull. Speedway would be closer to you(Down the road from Gateway Raceway). Pick and Pull wouldn't be too too much further(Highway 70 and Adelaide).

Both of those you are able to go and and get what you like, only issue is...you have to pull it...Which is a great learning opportunity in itself on how everything is ran, troubles you may have etc...Hope this helps

Do we have an update on this 3L swap? I'm eager to lend a hand. Starting to slowly build my 3L hybrid on the side now so I'll needs all the inside info I can get on swapage :laugh:

i havent been on in a while, but ide lend a hand if needed. i pulled my old 2.5 in my garage by myself in a night. im in the process of fully building a 3L turbo right now. just waiting on more money for the parts.. but if youre still planning on the swap let me know, i might stop by and help.

Back