• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spotted on 405 fwy....

not sure... looking into places that dont notice such things at the moment.
Well, if you find a place, let us know because that's the only thing holding me back from doing the turbo thing myself. I just got the car smogged and I have two years of freedom but I'd rather not have to play any games every time I need to re-register my car.
Karl

i can find these places, but don't expect them to be around the second time around though(use to own a 1st gen rx-7, peri ported and racing beat exhaust(offroad only), meaning no cat.). and not too mention a few friends with turbo 240's also.

the person that actually has always smogged my car has never once batted an eye at the stuff i have(not sure about a painfully obvious turbo though!) and he's been around a long time in the Walnut area. but if it passes, i don't think it would be a prob, but don't quote me on that. :p

Neat. I live right next to Walnut. :cool: The irony of all of this is that even with a turbo, we'd probably pass a smog test. It's really a shame about having to have the visual test as part of the deal. Oh well. I guess I could move to one of the three counties that don't require smog checks. :idea:
Karl

Back