• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So what can you buy for $30,050?

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Apparently it can buy me some further edjukashon to make the rest of my life a bit better.

About 3 weeks ago I was having a conversation with a friend at work who's in his early 40's. He asked me why I was working at my current job. He said no one my age should be doing the work that I do because there's so many opportunities in life to make something of myself. After having that conversation with him...I got pissed off. The strange part was, I was pissed at myself. Pissed that I threw the last 6 years of my life away doing nothing with myself. I decided I would do something about it and try to go to school next year.

Well, I did get the ball in motion to see what would be needed for me to go to school for something. The interests I had in high school don't really interest me anymore, so I decided I would take a course on something that seemed interesting, paid better than whatever I've made in the past 6 years, and was in high demand than most other careers.

Fast forward to today...I'm now a student at McCann School of Business. I'm taking a course for Medical Laboratory Technician. I start evening classes on Monday immediately after work, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The level of nervousness that I'm experiencing about it is insane. I know I skipped through high school without really retaining some of the important stuff...and I don't know how I'll do with this. It's a lot of money to take a chance on...but I do need to make something of myself.

Good for you. You will do fine as long as you are interested in what you are learning. I barely passed high school and had no real direction or goals. I went to college and did great, because I chose what I wanted to study. Although I am not working in the field I went to college for, higher education in any form is a door opener. Good luck and stick with it.

One thing to really keep in mind, make good grades as soon as possible. It's hard to make up a bad or moderate GPA the farther you get into college, trust me, I know personally. And also, a lot of people who look at possible employees not only look at that piece of paper that you get from graduating college, but they do also look at your overall GPA now.

Since I'm starting mid term at this place, I have 6 weeks to do 2 classes that take 3 months...but they seem like they'll be ridiculously easy. I think Career Building and Oral Communication.

Congrats on deciding to go back to school. I am currently a college student and i get nervous before the start every semester too. Like Suhr40 said before the key is to take the classes you are interested in. The fact that you have decided to go back on your own and for yourself will help a lot in your motivation to succeed. Good luck!!!

Back