• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Side view cameras?

Because they are something that you use and rely on everyday.

Im dismissing this before I know your plans. How were you planning on setting this up?

It's the coolness factor I guess and a added safety factor. If I was installing this on my car this is how I would do it... you don't want to rely on the cameras as your only means of looking along the side of your car so you still would need a redundant means to do so. The camera would need to be mounted such that it was behind a two way mirror. This way you still have your mirrors as a back up. The camera would then feed a display. I would do it so that I had both side mirrors and a camera on the rear bumper to display everything around the car. Also if I was doing this I would go all out and mount cameras such that I could produce a 180° view from behind, which allow me to see my blind spots as well.

It's the coolness factor I guess and a added safety factor. If I was installing this on my car this is how I would do it... you don't want to rely on the cameras as your only means of looking along the side of your car so you still would need a redundant means to do so. The camera would need to be mounted such that it was behind a two way mirror. This way you still have your mirrors as a back up. The camera would then feed a display. I would do it so that I had both side mirrors and a camera on the rear bumper to display everything around the car. Also if I was doing this I would go all out and mount cameras such that I could produce a 180° view from behind, which allow me to see my blind spots as well.

your car is the only contour cool enough to pull it off.

Back