• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Side Skirts

I've also heard of people using self-tapping screws to secure it. Not sure how well this would go, as rust/warping might occur.

Just had my skirts repainted and i just bought some fasteners from Shlep Boys. They are the type that has a Phillips head screw and when you screw it in the prongs spread apart. Just make sure you get the size that will fit the holes. I got 6 (3 for each side) for about $7. Should do the trick as there was only 1 holding them on before I took them off :eek:. You could also get those push fasteners with the gills or whatever they are called that catch when you push it in. Not as secure as the screw in ones IMO.

Thanks Team
Believe this or not i bought some jack access covers From landmark ford here in oregon. I brought up the subject of the screws and the guy actually gave me some no charge. I no it's not alot of money but it was nice of him for sure.

No prob. Glad it worked out for you. Ford would have prob still charged you like $5 per screw :crazy:.

Nothing like freebies :laugh:

Back