• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sequential Taillights

Like the one link shows for the mustang, I've seen it done on a buddies car, it was pretty sweet on his stang... Thought about it on the contour, but of course... where to do it is the problem... What if you took a 3rd tail light and instead of having one bulb designed it to have a bunch of L.E.D's and then made them sequence for turns like the orange warning signals on cop cars when they pull someone over.... Know what I mean?

Like the one link shows for the mustang, I've seen it done on a buddies car, it was pretty sweet on his stang... Thought about it on the contour, but of course... where to do it is the problem... What if you took a 3rd tail light and instead of having one bulb designed it to have a bunch of L.E.D's and then made them sequence for turns like the orange warning signals on cop cars when they pull someone over.... Know what I mean?

That's where I was thinking of going with the rear deck light, possibly finding a wider one with more bulbs and that way it'd be easier to distinguish left from right easier from cars behind you.

that's what i'm planning. i'm going to put in 3 clusters of 6 led's each, probably. most likely they'll be 2 wide by 3 tall, or maybe more per cluster, depending on how it turns out. i just need to get the module that controls the sequence, though. i wonder if they'll sell it separately.

that's what i'm planning. i'm going to put in 3 clusters of 6 led's each, probably. most likely they'll be 2 wide by 3 tall, or maybe more per cluster, depending on how it turns out. i just need to get the module that controls the sequence, though. i wonder if they'll sell it separately.

it looks like you need to start looking into IC 555 timer/pulse circuits, here's a good website to learn about them. I personnally am working on one for the same purpose but will not be able to finalize until I get back to the states:

http://www.iguanalabs.com/555kit.htm

Back