• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

selling to carmax?

chinaski

CEG'er
has anyone sold their car to carmax before? the idea came up when i saw their commercial on TV and because there is absolutely no interest in my car here in san diego.

They do a rather quick appraisal process. Supposedly takes about 20-minutes.

I would run KBB trade-in at fair condition and then minus 25% to get yourself a ball park estimate on what they are willing to give you.

Not worth it

Not worth it

I had the same idea last year with my black 98 CSVT. They treat it like an SE and argue they can get it for $2k wholesale at an auction. I argued they wouldnt find an SVT at an auction and if they did to snatch it up. I ended up selling it for $5k on my own, it just took a bit longer.

yeah i figured as much, ive got a guy from thousand oaks interested at the moment. im in no rush to sell cuz im basically just saving for another car while waiting to sell this one. ill take your word about carmax, looks like ill just be leaving my car on the market. i appreciate your input

carmax is a joke when it comes to selling them a car. we had an 04 sarurn ion redline mint car and got offered 5500 like 2 yrs ago. I told them if they can find them for that to let me know and I will buy 2!

Pretty much the only thing worth selling to carmax is an import. My sister in law sold her 98 Mazda 626 4 cyl. to them for 1800.... $200 less than what they offered for my CSVT (Which was in MUCH better shape)

Did you sell your car? Pretty sure a buddy of mine bought it if you did.

He just picked up my old Team Dynamics wheels to put on it. He's already detailed the ever living daylights out of it too. Looks good.

Yep, thats him. Take solace in knowing your car has gone to a very caring owner. He takes ridiculously good care of his cars.

Yep, thats him. Take solace in knowing your car has gone to a very caring owner. He takes ridiculously good care of his cars.

i kind of got that feeling when he told me what he was going to do to the car before he bought it. was good to finally meet another CEG member a few days ago at work, if you want me to order you speciality kegs hit me up here and ill try to get it for you at work.
ill be trolling around here and just picked up this beauty, 94 LS integra.

94ls.jpg

Back