• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Self Fix for Curbage?

CanSVT

CEG'er
Picked up a set of Aluminum rims real cheap due to extensive curbage on the lips. Basically got them free for the tires but thinking of trying to retore tham somewhat. Is it suggestable to get some 100grit sand paper and simply trany and even out the scrapes? Unsure if this would do advserve damage to the wheel, I assume only if I took off too much material.

if they're not painted you should be able to take them to a machine shop and have them polished.

unless they're douche's they shouldn't charge you much.

first things first hit the heavy srcubs with a aggressive sand paper then light sand over that to some what blend the sanding after that wet sand the entire lip if lip is polish get a green scrub pad and go around the lip in one motion appling a good bit of pressure you will start to see the diffence . after all done use a good aluminum polish I think black magic has a very good one. it make take a whole lot of passes with the green pad/or fine steel wool. that should do it.

Back