• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

seat question

Yandra

New CEG'er
i just posted this as a reply to a thread but i realized that i should have just started a thread....

holy god the seats in the contour are ••••ing garbage im a bigger guy and my dad who had my car before me is a bigger guy im looking through these threads trying to find a good seat that could bolt right into my contour i have a 98 LX 4 cyl. 2 seats ive had broke so ill be on my 3rd shortly what seats will bolt right in from other cars?

sorry about the double post ill try not to do it anymore

Dude, I am 6'5" and used to be 290 and while I once broke a toilet seat (extenuating circumstances) I have never broken a car seat.

What part is failing, or is it a different section each time?

i'm 6'1 300lbs and i've had a seat break before, granted it was in a crappy FWD pontiac lemans, but it happens. my biggest problem is the seat wearing on the outer edge. i would suggest going to a junkyard and just sitting in a couple of cars to see what feels good and then using a universal slider kit for aftermarket seats to mount it.

wow, you must really hate the seats to make two different threads and multiple posts with the exact same message. Stop cross posting. one thread/one post is more then enough.

you either need to loose some weight, or get a bigger car .... the contour isn't for you ....

I'm 6'1" and ~210 lbs .... the seats are fine.

dude you dont have to be rude to me the reason why i started this post after i posted in the other thread is because i figured that not alot of people would see that one for the fact that it was an old thread and i didnt think that people would see it and that would be the reason why i said at the beginning of this post that i did post this twice and it wouldnt happen again. also i am just trying to share my experiences with other owners so that maybe other people wont have to go through the same thing. plus not everyone here is a moderator and looks at all the posts on the whole site to see any double posts or anything and b*tch people out for easy mistakes that get made. any ways i would love to get a bigger car but im an unemployed full time student, money is kind of an issue. and obviously the contour isnt for me but i have to make due with what i have which is why im asking if there are any other seats that bolt directly into the contour layout. im 6'3" and about 300 pounds the seats have broken in different places. this one broke on the right verticle support so my buddy and i welded it back together well that was good for a bit but then it broke halfway up the seat on both sides on the supports. cetroutt, thanks for the idea ill look into it how much do those universal slider kits go for on average?

this is a very interesting situation. in nearly 8 years of being here I have only heard about seats breaking once or maybe twice. are we sure there isn't another issue going on here?

summit has them for 34 bucks. scat/procar part# SCA-80-9040-20. i would think that with these and a little work you should be able to fit almost any seat in you car.

summit has them for 34 bucks. scat/procar part# SCA-80-9040-20. i would think that with these and a little work you should be able to fit almost any seat in you car.

no, almost any seat will not fit. maybe if its from another mid-sized car. but chances are something like a taurus seat is to large to fit in the available space.

no, almost any seat will not fit. maybe if its from another mid-sized car. but chances are something like a taurus seat is to large to fit in the available space.

well if you want to get technical about it YES any seat will fit, just like if someone wanted they could shoehorn a 5.0 into a contour. but i was thinking that the OP would have enough common sense to know that a seat from a full size car wouldn't work and that he would have to use a seat from another compact or a mid-size. and from the looks of it, the seats from a taurus will fit. it will be tight but it could be done. i understand that your a mod and that you have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these cars but sometimes you can really come across as a jerk.

i understand that your a mod and that you have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these cars but sometimes you can really come across as a jerk.

well i'm sorry for stating things as they are and not sugar coating everything so its easier to swallow :shrug: more people need to either help themselves by researching and or thinking alittle more first before posting.

if I really was a jerk I wouldn't be trying to help people left and right ...

but on point, yes I would hope that the op would know it would take some money to make another seat fit and there is a chance it would take alot. the op already said he doesn't have any money, so all this talk about getting seat tracks, modifying and installing really is a waste of time in this case.

the other closest car with seats that might fit would be the cougar, and they don't because the bolt pattern on the floor is different from the contour and they are basically the same car.

i never said you are a jerk, i said you can come across as one. and yes you do help people, on this forum i would probably say that you are one of the top ten when it comes to helpful people. also, i think that just about every question i have ever posted one this forum has at least one reply from you usually answering my question or solving my problem.

however i didn't take into consideration about the OP being a student and how broke students always are.

Back