• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Screws for A-Pillar gauge pod-

B.Brattina

Hard-core CEG'er
Just received my A-Pillar gauge pod recently but I don't have the screws that come with it-- I tried searching but searching never comes up with what I want- Does anyone know what preferred size screw to use?

Another thing is I came across directions for installing and it said to unscrew the existing pillar cover... But I don't see any screws there? haha

There aren't any screws there are clips and personally I have no idea how to get it of without braeking atleast 1 of them

So why does the gauge pod have two screw holes?

Thats what holds the gauge pod on.

Just get two self tapping screws (around an inch or so). Hold the pod up in place and mark where the two holes are behind the pillar. then drill two small holes. put the pod back up and screw it in.

it slides up! get a firm grip on it and slide up.

No, no, no...

SLIDE THE A PILLAR ALL THE WAY DOWN AND THEN PULL THE TOP OF THE A PILLAR OUT AWAY FROM THE PILLAR ITSELF TO GET IT TO SLIDE BY THE TOP CLIP, THEN GET A FIRM GRIP AND SLIDE IT ALL THE WAY UP.

I am sick of selling stock a pillars to people who break theirs!

And get a self tapping screws that are flat on the top so that they don't stick out, then put your screw caps on.

Do you know how to wire your guages? What guages are you going with?

I don't know how to wire them yet, I'm probably going to try to find some help with someone who has done them before. I'm thinking of going Volt/Oiltemp/Oil Pressure or A/F..

I heard the Faze Morphers were pretty decent to use match the Indiglo Hvac, etc that I have on the interior

Last edited:
Back