• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

sail panel removal! help

CKtour98

Hard-core CEG'er
i know theres a few screws behind the cover, and then is it just taped on? i couldnt pop it off and it seemed almost like it was being held on by a hidden screw or something. should i just heat them up a bit and pull??

Take the screw off of the inside. Remove the interior cover.

There is tape holding the outside sail to the door. The tape is on the long straight part of the sail.

Take the screw off of the inside. Remove the interior cover.

There is tape holding the outside sail to the door. The tape is on the long straight part of the sail.

ok thats what i thought, i have all the screws off but the damn things wouldnt pull off lol. it is pretty cold here though even in the garage so ill get my heatgun out and warm it up. thanks

there is no tape holding the sail panels on the car. you have to remove the one screw for the inside cover. then there is one or two screws for the panel itself. then you have to slide the whole panel foward and there are three tabs the clip into the door when the panel is in place.

yeah i found that out once i broke the lower lock tab on both panels lol...didnt know you had to slide it towards the front of the car. oh well

Back