• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

S-AFC and such

CSVT_2004

Hard-core CEG'er
Is it possible? I assume it can be hard wired, suppose it would only be good for a forced induction, but what are your thoughts people?

i have one, i have tuned mine myself while watching my O2 sensor readings. for the price get an xcal. but i paid 80 for it, and it has made everything better. check my cardomain on info on it

Apexi is a hack way of tuning the car. It worked back when other methods were sparse.

Get an xcal.

Is it possible? I assume it can be hard wired, suppose it would only be good for a forced induction, but what are your thoughts people?

yes, it can be hard wired. Theres a how-to in the FAQs on how to do it. I would highly recommend NOT using it as a tuning tool for forced induction. Thats not what its intended for. I would only use it for naturally aspirated applications where the base tune is fairly close and it needs minor adjustments.

yes, it can be hard wired. Theres a how-to in the FAQs on how to do it. I would highly recommend NOT using it as a tuning tool for forced induction. Thats not what its intended for. I would only use it for naturally aspirated applications where the base tune is fairly close and it needs minor adjustments.

Oh... so it would be better for my stock motor currently opposed to a supper charger/turbo charge application.?

Oh... so it would be better for my stock motor currently opposed to a supper charger/turbo charge application.?

The motor doesnt have to be stock motor. I mean, you can still use it if you have the normal bolt-ons (i.e intake, exhaust, headers, etc). Just dont use it for a supercharger/turbocharger application.

And btw, to really take full advantage of the SAFC, you really need some sort of air/fuel reading via a wideband. I think Eurotour99 picked up about 10 whp when he tuned his on the dyno at Spring Zing 05.

Last edited:
Back