• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rota Wheels Group Buy Interest Check

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey Guys looking to do a custom Rota order for 4x108 wheels for the CSVT.

We will need 6 confirmed orders to begin to process everything. I can get prices as we get more information from the community.

In order to do a custom order from Rota we need to order at a minimum 6 sets (24 Rims total) of the same rim. This is where it gets tricky as we all do not have the same taste in wheels. But if we have enough interest in one rim I can get into details for pricing.

Rims like the Grid IKR, Torque, D2, GK-R, Boost, SVN's, Slipstreams are some of the more popular wheels on the market.

Typically sizing should be around 17x8 +35, we can even go with something that pokes out a bit more if interest leans towards a flush/hella flush look.

Which Rota wheels would you want to put on your car if you were able to and I can inquire more towards pricing for this.

EDIT 08/07/2012:
I got some pricing that will help aid everyone in their decision (All rims are 17x8 +35, High price is if we get 6 sets, low price is if we get 11 sets):

Slip Streams, Torques, Boost, D2, Grid IKF or IKR, P45F or P45R, SVN, : $850 shipped, $825 shipped (Remember we have to all choose the same exact wheel as the end result)

These wheels are currently not available in 4x108 and some offsets and with a minimum of 5 people looking to get a set we will have something exclusively made for us.

I would be on this GB if the price is definitely right AND the wheel weight is at most 16lbs. otherwise a 16" wheel is better. I am not looking for looks but for weight savings for road/street benefits. Lighter and wider... :)

In order to make a custom order we need to buy 5-6 sets of the SAME EXACT WHEEL. This needs to be understood that we all have to come to an agreement. As for lightweight wheels there aren't many that will fit this description. A 17x8 Rota Slipstream is between 18-19 lbs. 16" rims may be better for your specific application but also doesn't allow many people who run a big brake kit either Focus, Wilwood or Baer.

Just by the 2 people who have chimed in so far we are looking for something we can use for the track. Lets continue to try and get everyone saying what wheels they would want on their car and I can get an exact pricing. Lets say we do a set of Rota Slip Streams in 17" 4x108 et 35. I can get these for $850 shipped in the lower 48 if we get 5-6 sets, if we can get 10-12 sets I can get it for about $825 shipped. These are wheels that are already manufactured by Rota, but out of stock (turn around time to make them and get them shipped over is typically between 2-4 months wait time). But this gives us an option to get a new wheel made for our platform like some wheels that have been mentioned on the original post.

Lets see of we can come up with enough interest to bring something new to our horrible bolt pattern.

Sorry, but at that price, you can get Team Dynamics Racing wheels with custom offsets in any width you'd like, and won't need to do it through a group buy. British made wheels used in a real racing series or tuner wheels... Choice is easy to make.

Rexxdoggy: I personally think the D2's look horrible. If only they had a bigger lip to actually work with how far the spokes stick out. As for Rotis (rotiform?) They are cool and would work with the dropped and stanced setup that your looking for. Nothing wrong with Rota's tho, for Rotis your looking at the price being about $1040 minus the price of shipping and custom machining for a 4x108 bolt pattern and that's if you go with their cheapest rim.

Mani: Yes as always, there are other options out there. This is to bring another wheel out for our platform. If this GB is successful, there would only be 5 people who would have these wheels in the market adding more exclusivity to your car! As for Team Dynamics specifically, I typically see them sell for about $1000 (taking the Pro 1.2 for example). Again this is bringing another wheel that is NOT even made for our car to the market. This is the main point. Grid IKF/R, Torques, D2, SVN, Boost, P45R/F are not made for our platform. The amount we purchase will allow us to get them made.

Many track, time attack and shop cars use Rota's to their full potential and do great with them (Cars from Skylines, STIs, Evos, BMWs, Civics, etc). I can even do cheaper if the wheels are picked up in the North NJ/NYC area as they wont have to be shipped (this should be between $50-75 less then the mentioned amount of $850).

This is for who are interested, thanks for continuously chiming in with your opinions. I'm just trying to bring something new to the table!

You are right, I didn't mean to put a negative vibe here, was just thinking outloud. I hope to see the group buy take off and we'll get to see some cool looking wheels on CSVT's.

Back