• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rocker Panel replacement Question

Sneezer

CEG'er
So this is becoming a large issue for most of us in Indiana/Michigan area where the roads are slated during the winter. I ran a search but couldnt come up with a definite answer to my question. I found the link below for replacement rockers, but when it comes to re attaching the svt side skirts, these dont have the tabs that are on our cars stock for the skirts to attach(if i rememeber correctly as to how they are secured slong the rocker face). Can anyone elighten the situation thats done the repair as to how they were able to reattatch the side skirts. If anything, these appear to be decent looking replacements. Although with everything aftermarket, you wont know until you try test fit. Let me know guys, i'm nearing the point that this needs to be done so I want to be ahead of the game. Thanks for the help!

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/...ior/rocker_panels/key_parts/kept00002500.html

rocker panel replacement question

rocker panel replacement question

appears my original didnt post so i'll ask again. anyone done a rocker panel repair as in welding in replcement panels. I found some from andysautosports.com but they didnt have the areas along the rocker face that our svt sidskirts attach to. Anyone thats done the repair feel free to chime in as to how you reattached the skirts.

Thanks

No stock rockers came with those "clips" pre-made or it would have looked horrible and/or required body work at the factory if the car wasn't ordered with skirts, they were riveted to the rockers, drill out the rivets and rivet them to the new rocker panel replacement.

danmyers thanks,thats exactly what i was looking for. always thought they were welded, but never had to look that close

svofanatic- ill check that out. Have you ever used the rock auto rockers, $20 is a steal though!

I got some really nice side skirts from SVT in Canada...then SVTtour...send me some beautiful stock body clips
So I will PM you after my bodyman installs mine..
Also got a SVT bumper...this for a 99 merc with 200,000 K ..i am a nut!!!!
Now soon...my merc mystique..takes another step towards..becoming a MERCSVT...or something
now im stuck with duraflex side skirts on my living room floor...
Special thanks to Joe for helping me out..what a guy!!!!!!!!!!!
Canada Doug

Back