• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Replacing Driverside Mirror

lunatic

CEG'er
Hey gang

Some angry jerk decided to bust off the mirrors on cars Saturday night. Mine was one of the ones hit. The whole plastic outer piece and the glass on the mirror itself was laying on the ground. Only thing left is the inner round piece that has the wires running to it for the power mirrors. So, I'm going to Crazy rays (pull it your self salvage yard) Wednesday. How do I get the mirror off of another Contour and how do I install it on mine? Does the whole door panel come off, or just the triangular plastic piece? Or do I need to replace the whole entire door?

Thanks

just the triangular plastic piece. remove it and there are 3 screws holding the mirror assembly on.

I believe it is just the triangular piece you referenced, but i could be wrong.

Edit: Striker beat me to it.

Well, the weather still sucks. I'd hate to take all my tools to the salvage yard. Does anybody know what size wrench or socket I need to get the mirror off? My car's a 99. Also, is it difficult to re-wire the power mirror?

thnx

you could go check on your own car what you will need.

the triangular cover is held in by a philips screw. you will need something to pry the cap off. also I think the bolts for the mirror are torx bolts.

Back