• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Replaced Dash

mw98gt

New CEG'er
Pretty new here, I just bought a red 2000 CSVT as I always wanted one. It appeared mechanically sound, but did have dash curl and the steering wheel was ripped a bit. I lucked out and found a replacement dash and steering wheel on ebay. Also wanted a stock shifter, found a slightly worn one on the forums. Looks great now!

I will try to get some up tomorrow. Need to take a photo of the finished job during the day.

Just uploaded a couple photos...

Before:
photo.jpg

Midway Point:
photomid.JPGk

Just finished and cleaning up:
DSC02931.JPG

Thanks! It took a bit of time, as it was my first time working on a CSVT. It was a good bonding experience! :) The difference is night and day. I was a bit hesitant getting this car with a damaged dash but I knew I could fix it. As for the tint, the prior owner had a cheap deteriorated tint with a layer that was peeled off. The adhesive was exposed on a couple doors and rear window, windows could barely function. Took tint shop many hours to remove, much better functionality and visibility now.

Back