• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Replace SVT headlight with non-SVT headlight?

Westwildcat

CEG'er
My one Headlight on my SVT has the teo top tabs broken on it. If I was to take the headlight assembly out of a non SVT would it be the same? Or do they make any sort of superglue epoxy type stuff that would hold the plastic together where it is broken?

Thanks

If you glue the tab back on or fab a new one use Jb weld. It is a grey epoxy that is a-lot thicker than the clear type. If you use the 5 minute setting Jb you don't have to clamp the parts to wait for it to harden.

Careful on the color: a black SVT has black inserts inside the lights. I put one light from a silver/white Contour on my black CSVT and wondered why it looked so "different." After examining the original light I saw the internal color difference. Maybe a black Contour has the same lights.

Careful on the color: a black SVT has black inserts inside the lights. I put one light from a silver/white Contour on my black CSVT and wondered why it looked so "different." After examining the original light I saw the internal color difference. Maybe a black Contour has the same lights.

this is not correct. All off the headlights are the same. What you have is a headlight that was "Hightowered". Someone openned up the headlight and painted the inside black. This is not factory at all.

:nonono:

Not true.

Ok thanks guys. For now I will try using jbweld expoxy to fix the plastic tabs. For some reason I thought JB Weld was only for metal so this is good news.

Thanks

Back