• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Removing Door Chime

2000ZxT

Hard-core CEG'er
I often have my door open and want that awful door alarm chime thing to go away.

Does anyone know what wire to cut to kill that speaker, or such?

mine never chimes unless my keys are in or my lights are left on.

its part of the safety of the car. it SAVES your battery

I know it's a safe guard, but I'll take my risks. I hate the noise.

Anyone know?

Doesn't the little chime box itself just pop off? It looks like it does, but I've never tried it. The box is under your dash above your dead pedal. I got a good look at it last night when I was upside down under there trying to feed the throttle cable back down after it came loose... :eek:

Did this the first day I had the car. I think I just found where the sound was coming from and stabbed it with a screw driver because when I took the module out the interior lights didn't work. Of course this was over 6 years ago so I don't exactly remember what I did.

I agree with BrApple.

Funny thing is my D/S pin wouldn't always work either and it didn't bother me for the same reason, if your working on the driver side and have the door open and the radio on, it does get to be a little annoying. But when you come outside afterwards and realize, oh shi.. my battery is dead because it didn't chime telling me my lights were on and I didn't know they were even on in the first place, well let's just say it chimes now, and it can chime all it wants to.Now if you stumble upon something to bypass or select when it chimes, I am all ears for that.

Good Luck on this!

I agree with BrApple.

Funny thing is my D/S pin wouldn't always work either and it didn't bother me for the same reason, if your working on the driver side and have the door open and the radio on, it does get to be a little annoying. But when you come outside afterwards and realize, oh shi.. my battery is dead because it didn't chime telling me my lights were on and I didn't know they were even on in the first place, well let's just say it chimes now, and it can chime all it wants to.Now if you stumble upon something to bypass or select when it chimes, I am all ears for that.

Good Luck on this!
I hear ya. I would love it if I stop it chiming when the car is running and the drivers door is open. The cars running for chrissakes, thats enough of a prompt that the keys are in it for me!

So wire up an ignition relay that disables power to the chimer when the key is on...

I'm gonna go with.

Find sound area.
Destroy area.
install pots

figzt.

:D

Just wire in a relay to the chime that disables it during ignition, like was mentioned above, or hell.. put a "POTS" on it and turn the damn thing down when you don't want to hear it... a million and one uses for that pots man.. I swear! lol

All I did was put a piece of duct tape over the opening where the sound comes out of the little black box. Chime is still there, but much quieter and easier to live with.

The interior floor lights still come on when I open my door, just not the one up by the sunroof controls

Oh.. that's good.

I often find myself picking things up with my toes and/or losing my feet (OH MY GOD! WHERE'D THEY GO???) but never find myself having to manipulate things with my fingers, or look for anything higher than my shins, nor try to see anything on the dash, seats, or illuminate anything whatsoever in the middle/rear of the car.

So.. yeah.. I can see how having the lower ones is a much better choice of the two.

Oh.. that's good.

I often find myself picking things up with my toes and/or losing my feet (OH MY GOD! WHERE'D THEY GO???) but never find myself having to manipulate things with my fingers, or look for anything higher than my shins, nor try to see anything on the dash, seats, or illuminate anything whatsoever in the middle/rear of the car.

So.. yeah.. I can see how having the lower ones is a much better choice of the two.

Open door, sit down, turn key, start driving.....you need a light for that?
besides Im lucky if I drive my SVT once a week, probably drive it at night once a month if that

Back