• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

remote mount turbos

well i've got an STS turbo kit stg 2 got it last week :cool: which i hope to fit after the holidays excellent chaps and speedy delivery to england

Some of us don't care about the potential efficiency losses because the conventional systems WON'T FIT! Others don't care about the efficiency losses because the complexity of a traditional install may be too intimidating.

A rear mount system offers a solution to problems that prohibit a conventional system. May not be ideal in some respects, but certainly better than nothing.

I've got a rear mounted turbo on my 2004 GTO that runs 10s with a stick... they do work. The boost is slower to come on than a front mount turbo would be, but if you drive it correctly, you can still come out of the hole on boost. If you have an automatic the difference between a rear mount and front mount is hardly noticeable.

Here's a vid of my GTO at the track... I'm the first car.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AAho497DVZs

I'll be all over one of these if I figure out a way to hide everything well enough to pass the visual part of the smog tests we have in California. It will probably be easier on my F150 than on the Contour though. :blackeye:
Karl

Back